We’re looking to add a Print Designer to our team.
Do you have layout experience in InDesign? Are you a Photoshop ninja? Are your bezier curves as smooth as Tennessee whiskey? If this sounds like you, you might be who we’re looking for.
We’re looking to hire a Print Designer/Prepress Operator with excellent typography skills. The ideal candidate is a versatile individual that brings a lot to the team. The candidate should be somewhat tech-savvy. They should be able to troubleshoot their own computer problems, have experience with Macs and PCs, and have excellent written commuciation skills.
- Manage design projects from start to finish, working with clients via email and phone.
- Preflight, manipulate, proof and plate art to the job’s print specifications.
- Work closely with Salesmen, Account Executives, and clients, effective communication skills and maintaining a good attitude under high stress situations.
- Continually educate yourself on ever changing software and the production workflow, actively looking for improvement opportunities and keeping your skill set current.
- Catch mistakes, but also meet production deadlines.
- Edit and preflight PDFs against printing standards in Adobe Acrobat using it’s native preflight tools as well as Enfocus’ Pitstop Pro plugin and Heidelberg’s PDF Toolbox plugin.
- Edit and preflight art against printing standards in Adobe InDesign.
- Create and assemble art per customer’s request using tools from Adobe’s Creative Cloud.
- Imposition customer’s art per job’s specifications using Heidelberg’s Prinect Signa Station.
- Proof customer’s art per job’s specifications.
- Plate customer’s art per job’s specifications.
- 401k with a $0.25 match on the $1, up to 6% of pay check. 21 years of age to use, after 1 year
- Health insurance options, Dental, Short Term and Long Term disability plus Life. All different providers.
- Paid Vacation after 90 days, starting on 1st day of work.
- 1 Week 0-2 Years
- 2 Weeks 2-9 Years
- 3 Weeks 9-18 Years
- 4 Weeks 18+
- 2 year art degree or greater
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Existing prepress knowledge a plus
- Color management knowledge a plus
- Excellent language and communication skills
- Ability to deal professionally with stressful situations
- Type by touch